Zettex PU 40 is a one-part, non sag, polyurethane
sealant. Once extruded, it cures by reaction tot he
atmospheric moisture to form a high performance, dual
purpose adhesive and sealing compound with
• Permanently flexible.
• Short cut-off string.
• Stable- No Shrinkage.
• Bonds and seals at the same time.
• Adhesion to a wide range of substrates.
• Replaces rivets and mechanical fasteners.
• Non-sag consistency- Good thixotropy.
• Vibration and sound dampening properties.
• Excellent resistance to ageing, weathering- suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
• Over- paintable with many water/solvent based paints (pre-tests are recommended).
• Cartridge 310ml
• Sausage 600 ml
• The surface must be clean, dry, free of water, oil, grease or rust and of sound quality. Remove all kind
of residues or uncured glue with Zettex Profi Cleaner. Pre-test substrates for adhesion. Cleaners and
primers may be required to achieve an optimal adhesion.
• Long term resistance to fresh water, seawater, lime water, caustic solutions and cleaning agents . Short
term resistance to petrol, grease and mineral oil. Not resistant to organic acids, concentrated mineral
acids or solvents.
• Pierce through the protective membrane in the front threaded section. Screw on the plastic nozzle and
cut it at an angle according to the desired bead thickness and profile. Fit the cartridge into the Zettex
Caulkgun and extrude the adhesive/sealant carefull preventing air entrapment. Once opened, packs
should be used up within a relatively short time. The optimum operating temperature for both substrate
and sealant is between 15 and 25 degrees.
• Avoid exposure to high levels of chlorine. Do not cure in the presence of silicone sealants. When
applying sealant, avoid air entrapment. After all, clean tools with the Zettex Profi Cleaner and hands with
Zettex Cleaning Wipes. Cured materials can only be removed mechanically.
Areas of Application
• Zettex PU 40 is a multipurpose, high performance, sealant and elastic adhesive. Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates and enables permanent elastic sealing with high adhesive strength. Suitable substrates are : concrete, wood, metal, painted surfaces and plastics.
|| Thixotroic paste
|| White, grey, black. Others on request
|Curing through volume [mm] 3 (1 day at 23°C
|and 50% r.h.)
|Shore A (23°C and 50% r.h.; DIN 53505)
||Black: 1,31 +- 0,02
|Grey: 1,33 +- 0,02
|White: 1,35 +- 0,02
|Tack-free time [min] (23°C and 50% r.h.)
|Tensile strength [N/mm2](ISO 37 DIN 53504)
|Elongation [%] (ISO 37 DIN 53504)
|| ≥ 450
|Application temperature (℃)
|| from +5℃ till +40℃
|| (℃) -40℃/+90℃, short period up to 120℃